Today Sightsavers launches our biggest ever appeal. A Million Miracles is our campaign to raise $50m (£30m) to fund 1 million sight restoring operations by 2018. To make a million people see again.
This is big, scary stuff. All fundraising is about risk but we’ve really gone for it. The appeal
- Has the biggest target we’ve ever set for any fundraising campaign. By a factor of ten.
- Is the first appeal we’ve run across all seven of our fundraising markets
- Involves dozens of individual fundraising and comms activities including a whole new website built from scratch in a month (thanks Open Fundraising & misfits)
- Our launch event is a sight restoring operation in Africa being streamed live on the internet*
- Followed by the screening of the moment the patient will be able to see again**. Hopefully.
What could possibly go wrong?***
*on Wednesday 8th October at 1.30pm BST at millionmiracles.org
**on Thursday 9th October at 1.30pm BST
***actually, LOADS of things…